Hello, and thanks for dropping by my podcasting blog for justjoomla.com. It has been years since I last recorded a podcast - but hopefully I havn't lost my podcasting voice I still like to have a good old chat, and I've got lots of topics lined up to chat about in my upcoming podcasts.
My first podcast covers the nuts and bolts of how to build an EZ* site in a day using either EZ Realty or EZ Autos on Joomla 2.5x, and I figured this would be a good place to start. Resource links of relevance to this podcast are as follows:-
Our favorite Joomla template club:-
JoomlArt - they've got a range of great Joomla templates which all come with quick start packages, so you can get your site up and running quickly.
Today's Tip - Joomla makes it easy for you to find the module positions coded into your template:-
- Follow the "Extensions" -> "Templates" admin menu item, and then click on the "Templates" tab.
- Scroll down to the default template and click on the preview link. If you don't see this link - click on the options icon in the top right corner of the page and enable preview module positions. Then save and close.
- You should now be able to click on the preview link, and this will open the frontend of your site and show you where the module position are.
PLR articles take the hard work out of creating regular content articles for your site, so check out the following sites:-
Free content providers can also be used - but you do need to retain the author details and display the article source on your site. Try the following sites:-
Stock photography is a quick way to get good quality photos for your site, and the following are my favorites:-
- http://www.istockphoto.com - for high-quality paid stock photos
- http://www.morguefile.com - a great place for free stock photos
Learn more about our software at http://www.justjoomla.com. Happy site building!